100% Pure has hit it out of the park with recent releases of two new skin balms for the face. I recently posted about my love for the Blood Orange Cleansing Balm here. It is such a miracle worker for dry skin and I could not recommend it enough. Plus, the approaching summer months make me crave anything citrusy and there is just the right amount of blood orange oil in the product to make it so refreshing! The Blood Orange Cleansing Balm is sold-out again! But make sure you pop over and add yourself to the email list – so that you are notified when it’s back in stock!!
The Retinol Restorative Overnight Balm was just released this week! I have been testing it out for the past couple of weeks and I have been pleasantly surprised with the results. I was honestly a little skeptical because I have never tried a retinol product before. Conventional and prescription retinols are known to be very harsh and toxic – and I have always steared clear. I decided to give this product a shot because let’s be serious – I have never met a 100% Pure product that I didn’t love. Here’s the lowdown:
- I wasn’t sure what to expect of an overnight balm, as far as what the consistency would be like. When I opened the jar, I discovered a jelly-like consistency with no scent that I could detect.
- When I applied the balm, it ‘melted’ into a thick oil – much like a coconut oil. It spread really evenly on my face.
- The Retinol Restorative Overnight Balm is the only thing that I have applied to my face at night recently. It does leave you pretty shiny. But the payoff is worth it, because it turns into an overnight glow.
- I have noticed a more even tone, in regards to discoloration and uneven bumpy spots.
- My face appears brighter, healthier and moisturized. I have been suffering severely from dry skin – the most I have ever experienced before. This product has helped tremendously with my dry, flaky skin.
- I have less breakouts. I have also been suffering from breakouts recently – my skin has been in a tough spot. More on that later. I swear this product has helped. I believe the reason to be hydration. Some breakouts are caused by dry skin. When your skin is dry, your body tries to overcompensate by creating more oil. A lot of times, this oil can overproduce and clog your pores – leading to breakouts. When we hydrate by putting good oils back into our skin – sometimes, we can clear up those breakouts. I have certainly seen this firsthand lately!!
**If you need additional hydration, 100% Pure is offering a FREE GIFT right now with a $90 purchase. Once you have added $90 worth of product to your tote, don’t forget to click over to the Ginseng Collagen Boost Mask 5 pack and click ‘Add to Tote.’